Timber Bifold Doors are sets of doors with two or more sections and as the name implies can be folded back to open up a large wall, doorway area or to divide a room. All buildings have windows and doors made in several styles and shapes and among all the styles, the Timber Bifold Doors have a notable benefits both in terms of aesthetics and functionality. Timber Bifold Doors act beautifully for opening your common room, look fantastic when renovating your home, or simply use bifold doors to connect your common or living room to the veranda, deck or patio. Another advantage to this type of door is that they can be customized and designed to fit your specific areas and personal requirements.
Advantages of Timber Bifold Doors
They look superb and can really lift a room or any entry areas
- These types of bifold doors can reduce electricity usage since they allow more sunlight into your room.
- Single doors can be bothersome as they make use of plenty of space on one side. On the other hand, Timber Bifold Doors require much less space and they open up and fold back for greater space saving.
- It is much more practical to clean the glass panes on a bifold door rather than on sliding doors.
- Bifold doors are good space savers for smaller rooms. Thus, they are popular for linen closets, laundry rooms, and anywhere a fold back door style is needed.
- Bifolds are easy to set up and are cost-effective.
Tips on how to maintain your Timber Bifold Doors:
Timber Bifold Doors require simple regular maintenance in order to keep their functionality and elegant appearance at their best. Maintenance doesn’t require special abilities as even an inexperienced individual can do it quite easily.
- Every time you clean the area where the bifold door is installed, it is a good habit to clean the bifolds as well. The door’s surface is best wiped using a proper cleaning agent, while a vacuum cleaner is efficient in getting rid of dust from between door tracks and any door hardware.
- Carefully check the bottom and top metal tracks that lead the motion of the timber bifold doors while closing and opening. Any obstructions or dirt can hinder smooth motion so clean and lubricate as required
- Check the door’s surface finish. If in time you notice any peelings and cracks, refinish the doors with a quality coating, we use and recommend Sikkens products on all our timber bifold doors.
Click on the link to view the various style bi-folding doors in our Timber Bifold Doors Gallery